Group Creative Director
The Group Creative Director will initially be responsible for individual campaigns at a retailer level and informed by the national activation agency as opposed to creating and overseeing cross-channel, national campaigns. This position will partner with strategic planning and account on program development. Responsible for directing the creative vision for the business and strategic planning, partnering with account leaders in strategic thinking to define project assignments, and develop and execute creative solutions for Integrated Marketing Services.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Group Creative Director will manage the creative standards, both art and copy. This position will initially be responsible for individual campaigns at a retailer level and informed by the national activation agency as opposed to creating and overseeing cross-channel, national campaigns. This position will partner with strategic planning and account on program development.. Responsible for directing the creative vision for the business and strategic planning, partnering with account leaders in strategic thinking to define project assignments, and develop and execute creative solutions for Integrated Marketing Services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish, manage, and maintain the creative direction and goals on assigned clients (groups) and new business including concept development, design and copy – working with EVP ECD to set and maintain standards for on-brand shopper creative.
• Work with BET and CET teams to understand our clients’ businesses, competitive space and categories and ensure that work helps accomplish their objectives.
• Manage creative and studio teams including individual mentorship and growth, team organization and process to develop the most effective work in the most efficient manner in partnership with project management, office SVP and EVP ECD.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 20%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required) Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Advertising, Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent job-related experience in related field/industry
• 5+ years of experience in media, or agency experience
• Proficient at working with creative professionals such as copywriters, vendors, freelancers as well as account counterparts
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong prioritization skills
• Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
• Ability to make oral presentations
• Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
• Ability to work effectively with management
• Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
• Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Adobe CS, HTML5, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Expert technical knowledge of software applications, processes, products, and hardware architecture
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.