Jr Art Director
The Jr. Art Director provides support to the entire Creative department, working closely with all functional levels within the Creative, Account, and Production teams, align and partner with Account and Creative leaders in their strategic brainstorming to take on a supportive role with project assignments, and help develop and execute creative solutions. The Jr. Art Director will be part of a team that will be tasked with delivering high quality creative products on a constant basis that maintains the integrity of the art concept to ensure they fit the client, brand, and retailer objectives. Assist with maintaining the highest level of creative standards.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support for the Creative Team Leaders while working on several projects simultaneously. Responsible for timely and satisfactory completion of jobs assigned by Creative Leads
• Take creative direction for specific projects and aid the team in ensuring that the outcome fits client, brand, retailer, and the overall business objectives while helping to maintain client relationships.
• Work collaboratively with other creative team members, internal departments, and account teams to lend support on creative and organizational duties
• With guidance of senior members, responsible for design, layout, and photo selection for assigned pieces
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Advertising, Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism or equivalent applicable job-related experience
- 0-2 years of experience in applicable field
- 1 year of experience in the arena of sales promotions a plus
- 1 year of consumer products, media, or agency experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Team building Skills
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadline
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
• Ability to efficiently utilize MAC computers and current fluency in relevant computer programs such as: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Acrobat, and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.