The Business Development Manager II is responsible for managing sales programs and strategic planning initiatives within a specific department of the business to ensure that all sales targets are met. This position works closely with order entry, claims, schematics and retail associates to increase sales volume within a specific revenue range. This role is responsible for a total annual revenue between $500,000 and $1,000,000. This incumbent may be dedicated to servicing several significant clients, or may be responsible for multiple (6 to 14) clients’ goals, while also encompassing customer relations and implementation.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Revenue Budget Achievement
• Achieve P&L targets; manage business for each client(s) assigned
• Implement marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve department/client income and expense budget goals
• Monitor and drive revenue growth through efficient management of promotional spending within guidelines on assigned lines; identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities
Client Quota Achievement
• Meet and/or exceed Client’s goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving and promotional volume
• Identify and provide standard available services to support the “Customer as Clients”
• Launch strategies to pursue new opportunities
Client Key Performance Indicators Achievement
• Manage and maximize manufacturer marketing/promotional funds to achieve sales goals while staying within financial guidelines
• Secures Client approved schematics for all Clients’ brands by providing directions and communication to our schematic, reset and retail departments
• Implement customer headquarter calls and penetrate key positions at retailer
Department Business Management
• Organize business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships
• Assist team to navigate in the larger company organization to align needed resources and support to ensure specific client and/or customer initiative success
• Facilitate communication, opportunities, challenges, and workflow to other team members and attend all Client meetings and reviews
-May hire, retain, train, coach, guide, direct and develop direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Driving is not an essential duty and function of this job
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job 20%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business
4-7 years of experience in applicable field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong sales presentation and development skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
• Working knowledge of syndicated data
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements: Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.