Sr Business Manager
The Senior Business Manager is responsible for the overall management of a single account (Account Lead of small business) with limited categories and limited team functions or a key category or categories within a larger account in the brokerage business. If an Account Lead, he/she has overall responsibility for execution of strategic plans, business plans, budgeting, hiring for the account team.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Business/Functional Results
· Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
· Support account team in the development of sales plans
· Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
· Effectively negotiate supplier commission rates to grow category or team revenue.
· Managing Execution
· Ensure execution of the LAMP framework to identify the most critical initiatives and relationships and work with the team to lay out short and long term plans to achieve relationships at the appropriate level for the account or assigned category business unit
· Allocate resources at the account level or within assigned category business unit
· Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of Private Brand & Branding via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
· Develop strong supplier relationships by obtaining alignment and developing and delivering on mutually established goals.
· Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for our top relationships
· Generating Talent
· Attract, develop and retain key talent to enable the execution of the collective goals of the customer and the enterprise
· Assure succession plans are in place for critical roles
· Motivates, directs and inspires team members to deliver on the agreed upon metrics of the customer and suppliers in conjunction with the needed resources/teams across the enterprise
· Identify expected level of decision-making and expected level of risk-taking for team members
· Strategic Leadership
· Execute new strategic initiatives for the account or the assigned categories
· Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
· Foster thought leadership within account team
· Demonstrate an understanding of the Private Brand landscape, best practices and where customers currently exist in these areas
· Typically 3+ reports (ABMs, BMs); must develop team members’ roles and responsibilities
· Managing Relationships
· Owns director-level relationships with assigned customer and suppliers
· Directs, delegates and empowers effectively
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business
5+ Years of experience in building and nurturing brands; private brand management
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Strong Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Conflict Management Skills
Decision Making Skills
Strong Priortizing Skills
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
Ability to Visualize & Plan Objectives & Goals Strategically
Team Building Skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.