Director Learning and Org Dev
The Director, Learning and Organizational Development is responsible to initiate, design and implement programs to meet organizational, functional and business needs. This person anticipates emerging learning and engagement needs as a result of business change/strategy. Is focused on strategies to engage and develop talent for the organization ensuring an employer brand approach of being “that” company to work for in the CPG industry.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employ
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Learning and Development
· Develop and launch strategies to pursue new opportunities and align resources to secure those opportunities
· Manage solutions that align to organization, function and role specific development needs
· Lead LMS development and execution for field-based positions and select e-learning needs across the organization
o Lead, develop and coach the team that designs and delivers a variety of learning interventions across the business
o Provide leadership development training to bolster field management and reduce turnover
· Oversee the ACE Program and ensure program objectives are met
· Lead strategic development and launch strategies of Associate Engagement Program
· Ensure Organizational Development Team meets development plan and deliverable goals
· Partner with HR and Business Leaders to generate blended solutions across organization
· Oversee the continued roll out of a consistent process that focuses associates efforts on the achievement of business goals and attainment of requisite skills/competencies to sustain profitable growth.
Recognition and Reward Programs
· Strategic development and oversight of various reward programs that support the employer brand strategy to engage associates and is best in class
· Lead project teams and drive results
· Participate in client interviews and needs assessments
Department and Business Management
· Provides strategic direction and general oversight for Internal Corporate Communications as managed by the team
· Oversee day-to-day functions of the team to ensure successful outcomes of all learning and development programs
· Manage expenses and resources to budget and deliver objectives
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 20%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: HR, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Business
- 5+ years of experience in HR, OD, training and development leadership role
- Experience leading and managing a team
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Ability to make oral presentations
· Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
· Analytical and research Skills
· Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadline
· Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
· Strong prioritization skills
· Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
· Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
· Team building Skills
· Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
· Enterprise software experience such as Oracle, ADP, PeopleSoft/SAP, etc.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.